Monday, March 4, 2013

Project Sneak Peek: Inspiration Boards


Good morning,

I've been working for a while now on my Global Affair project that I posted about last week. It is such a treat to work on something a bit different for me and therefor becomes refreshing creatively speaking. I'm going to start sharing with you some of the mood boards as I go along while things are still in the construction phases just to give you a glimpse at what's to come....i.e. exciting stuff!

Here is a look at the newly defined foyer.





Similar Chair here

Console table Silvano Console Table  

                                                           Similar mirror found here


                                                      Wood accent bowl found here

The main inspiration for this home is global and minimal with modern touches, and it definitely has a masculine lived in feel to it. Here are some ideas for more foyers with a global feel to them.






Sometimes good design requires restraint which means you have to pull in the reigns for it to be successful.  I am making a statement with simple accessories and statement pieces such as the extra long console table and the amazing high back Chinese antique chair. This particular chair is over 150 years old from China. I absolutely love it and was beyond  thrilled to discover that my client LOVES it just as much!  This is more a piece of art and not a part of today's mass produced Chinese goods. Global design should have these details. Don't you just love a good story being told through some unique item? It doesn't matter if it is told through art, a unique piece of furniture or some vintage score having unique pieces in your home with give it character and life. Don't be afraid of thrift stores, or Indonesian importers. Seek them out and find your own treasures that will take your home to the next level, now that's what I'm talkin about!

No comments:

Post a Comment