Monday, April 8, 2013

Project Sneak Peek, Small Changes Big Impact

Good morning,

So I fell off the face of the Earth for a bit. I haven't really, but I have been very busy with work and life and all things productive. My Globally Inspired bachelor pad has been undertaking MAJOR changes, and today I want to share some of them with you.

When working on a project and updating a space you have to address what spacial issues, architectural designs and the basic style of the home itself and figure out what changes will work with your new design scheme. Sometimes this can be achieved with simply painting a space. In the case of my current project I had to remove certain decorative features to simplify the style, remove interior walls to open the space up, change the entire color palette, change the entire stair design and I even changed some small things like window trims and outdated arches to make the space more modern and current. These little details can change your home completely, and should never be over looked when possible.

Take a look at some of the changes I've been making and how those changes are impacting the overall look and style of this house.

Changes to the front door:

Before:


After:







Note that the door was a beautiful door with the iron scrolling details. Simply removing, sanding, patching and painting these doors gave them a modern face lift without the added costs of replacing the entire front doors.

Interior walls and demo:

Before:



After:



  Note that before the dated colors and segmented walls were clearly not marked for a modern transition. This is one example of a room where we removed interior walls and arches which then gives us more space and an open floor plan. This also changed the feeling of the room from being a dark cave to what it is now, light and airy. I also removed all archways throughout this home that I'll show you down the road. Removing interior walls ALWAYS makes a home feel larger. It is a trick that use whenever possible.

Stair Case Transition In Progress:

Before:



Since these stairs are in progress as we speak I don't have the afters for you so in the mean time I will share with you the inspiration and designs. Clearly these wood and scrolled iron details don't scream sexy bachelor pad, and that's a very difficult thing to work around since they are visible from almost every angle of the home. This is one area that we splurged with the budget to make them go from the dated style that you presently see to a work of art. Here are some examples of what is to come. 






The plan is to transform the stairs completely. We will be doing this by removing all iron work and inserting clear glass panels held by stainless steel brackets. In the case of this home that isn't 100% contemporary I am going to use powder coated hand rails in a dark gray/brown finish just to keep things a bit sultry. The beauty of these stairs is that they will still reveal the dark wood floors that were recently installed throughout the entire upper level, but they also mix in our masculine and industrial touches with the glass and metal rails. I'm not going to lie to you, this is probably one of the biggest things that I am looking forward to seeing completed. Come on, how amazing are these stairs?!

I'm sorry for the lack of postings, and I will share elements with you as they continue to change. This week I have 2 bathroom installations, and lighting will start going in. I have some pretty amazing lighting happening that is literally to die for that I can't wait to share! I'll also reveal more room inspiration boards.

Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment