Monday, August 15, 2011

Commercial Office Project, Making Your Office Modern

Good afternoon, and long time no see!

I have been very wrapped up with 3 design projects that came about all at the same time and have been both consuming and exciting. I'll tell you details as we go along, and will also give you details on our house. We have HGTV and Color Splash coming next week to do the make over which has halted and delayed some aspects of our inside.

I will also be posting furniture for sale hopefully tonight or tomorrow and will be doing an open house basically all this week. If you like what you've seen come on by and take it away with you! Remember I have to have everything cleared out by next Tuesday.

One of the major projects that I am smack in the beginnings of is a 6,000sf office space that is in need of some TLC. They are doing an expansion and really want to make the space more clean and contemporary. What a project for me! I haven't EVER worked on commercial spaces before so this is new and challenging. I can tell you a thing or two about modern and contemporary though so I am excited to see how this one turns out.

Here are some pictures to give you a slight idea of the office in its current state:








Yup folks, it's an office. Complete with beige walls, carpet tiles and laminate everything. The owner team of this company are young successful guys and are looking for a fresher take on this work place. Bringing the colors and textures current with some unexpected surprises here and there should do the trick. I am a firm believer that you should put your all in to everything that you do and if the majority of your time is spent working you should make it a place that you are truly inspired by, and that's exactly what I plan to do here.

I'll have to keep you posted on this one, but here are some inspirations that I am currently working through while I'm finding a plan:











A project like this one is the same concept as a house, but it's just a much larger sand box to play in. I am planning to work around colors and textures that have some kind of organic feel to them as well as some elements of visual and textural interest.

Let me know your thoughts? Do you have an inspiring or uninspiring work place?




3 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I am so excited about Color Splash! Oh, David!!! You will have one of his original art pieces...jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post, love all the designs and colors! you have a great blog! please check out my blog and follow if you like, I promise to do the same for you! xx
www.lovejoice.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blog ♥


    -leave-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete