Friday, October 21, 2011

Making A House Our Home

Good morning! It has been a loooong time since I've been able to post. Things became so busy for me with work for a good period of time and I was immersed in some design projects that left me without a drop of time. Also, in the interim of all the work chaos I lost my father after a long battle with cancer which has been the hardest thing I've ever gone through. Needless to say, it put everything else in our lives on hold.

Now that I'm back and trying to "come back" to my life I've had a change of perspective. Because of everything that was happening our poor house and all its projects were put on the back burner. I was working non-stop, dealing with a ton of stress, not finding time for my family and overall was having some pretty hard times. My new goal is to work in moderation, finish our home so that I have some peace for the upcoming holidays, spend more time with my family and our friends and get back to the grass roots of what I love about design and why I started doing it in the first place. Oh, and I am going to have my blog re-done so that it is more user friendly. PHEW!

In the process of going through our home remodel and then afterwards having a makeover done on our home I have been making minor changes here and there. I'm not talking major changes here because it's hard to top or fix what is already A-MAZ-ING, but there are small changes that I am making so that our home feels more like me i.e. family photos, pillows, paint etc.

One of the things that I love most in our home right now is our HUGE dining table. It is around 10' long and is handcrafted and custom made. It comfortably seats 10 and has an additional leaf that allows seating for 12. For an entertainer like myself, it's a dream come true! While recently working on a design project for a client  I am refinishing a mid-century modern table, and true to form it sparked an obsession in me. I'm talking about the Hans Wegner Wishbone Chairs.

My dining room is amazing with acrylic chairs and it has a really cool modern vibe to it. Though I love and appreciate it, my obsession with the Wishbone chairs is going no where and I've decided that these organic icons with their light wood and hemp woven seats are exactly what my table needs. Luckily, I have so many organic elements in here that they will work perrrrrrrfect.

Here's a picture of our chairs currently (queue the envy drool):

And here is what it will feel like after I get my hands on these chairs:






You feel me???

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm glad you're back to blogging! Love those chairs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melz, thanks. I'm glad to be back too. Hopefully I can get back in to my blogging groove thing;)

    ReplyDelete