Monday, March 26, 2012

DIY Ikat Bowl

Good morning and Happy Monday (booo!),

While I was decorating my new closet this weekend it needed i lil' something extra on a little table. I looked around and I came accross the most amazing ceramic Ikat bowls! It should come as no surprise that I love all things Ikat and this was no exception.

Just look at these amazing pictures and vignettes and you'll see exactly what I mean.










 I did some searching and found this Nate Berkus bowl for HSN  which is awsome, but costs 29.99, and it's sold out!


My second choice were these cute little bowls from Anthropology, but sadly they are no longer sold.



Poor me. I had no where to buy these little guys from so Idid the next best thing, and made one!

                                                     (sorry for the crap i-phone pics)
                         
It started with a cute little bowl from Home Goods for only $2.99, score!


Then I took my Sharpie gold paint pen from a local craft store and I drew a zig zag random pattern and filled it in.


When I made mistakes, if you make mistakes just use use nail polish remover and redo.

Here is my finished bowl (plus a small sneak peek of my unfinished closet)!






It was so easy, and it's so cute!!!! This is the perfect little bowl to place my keys or lip gloss in.

~Have a great Monday 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the entire closet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you wouldn't believe how many people tell me that they love this bowl. I think I'm going to make a large one for my coffee table or for my kitchen next;)

    XOXO,
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I tried one before seeing yours and failed! Will link to yours as a much better example!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Courtney! It's actually so easy, but I recommend having a picture handy for reference because when I tried this without one it didn't turn out as well.

    XOXO,
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete