Sunday, July 8, 2012

Blog Feature: What's On Your Desk?

Good morning,

Where I live and work are extremely important to me, and though I don't have a large home or office space or desk for that matter I make the details count. My desk makes me happy and makes me feel inspired. I want to share those details with you today, and I want you to share yours with me.

I would like to see where you work, and more specifically "What's On Your Desk?". If you have a desk or work space that makes you happy, or productive and that's as much stylish as it is you then let me know and be featured on The Cuban In My Coffee. I would like to feature a different desk each week and need you to make that happen.  Send me a note or leave me a comment or email me about yourself or send pictures here and you could be chosen as the blog I will feature that week.

I will kick this feature off with my new little desk and all the details on it. Enjoy.

The use of colors, textures and mediums reflects my eclectic nature. The lamp is a mercury glass lamp from Linens & Things for $99. It is a small scale lamp with an oddly tall lamp shade. Adorable. I have an inexpensive cork board that I use as a revolving mood board. There are layers of accessories all over the place to give me visual interest.


The perfect little catch all dish. Another DIY Ikat dish that I painted with a gold sharpie and a $2.00 plate from Home Goods. The bedazzled pen is from Z Gallery.


Here are my beautiful peonies in a antique silver vase. The vase is actually called SKOR  from Ikea, and for only $7.99 it is perfection! 2 of my true loves, a seemingly antique silver vase and fresh peonies on my desk. <3 LOVE <3


My black lucite (aka plastic) garbage can from Target. Cheap and chic!

My long coveted crystal skull found at Marshall's for only $5.99, SOLD!

My recently DIY gold spray painted feather from Target painted to match my brass clock.The art will likely change once I figure out what to frame. Possibly something from Made By Girl .


Here is my "never leave home without it" beauty find: C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve found at Bath and Body Works. This uber hydrating salve for lips, skin and cuticles is only $5.50 and can't be beat. This inexpensive luxury will leave your lips hydrated for hours!! If you haven't tried it, go! now!


I used a silver bath cup for my pens a trick that I often repeat since bath cups come in such pretty colors and styles for really great prices.


Here's a candid shot of the whole desk. It is an office so there is a fax machine and places where I have to tuck papers away. I keep my clutter organized in pretty boxes and bins, though I may invest in a stylish cabinet to better organize them in one day.



That's it for now though it will probably change and then change again. What do you think? Do you love having an organized work area with fresh flowers to get you through the long work days? I'd love to hear about it, and better yet I'd love to see it!

Remember, I'd love to feature your desk on The Cuban In My Coffee so be sure to email me here and let me know "What's On Your Desk?"

1 comment: