Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hanging A Mirror On Top Of A Mirror

Good morning,

At times my home and the projects in it are neglected and put off for later. Like the shoe cobbler with no shoes I get too busy, or caught up, or burned out to finish some of the loose ends around here. One of the perks to this situation however is that I "live" with things for a while and may come across unique ways to change them one random day when I get tired of looking at it.

In our new master bathroom that I've posted sneak peeks of here , I've been considering beefing up the mirror which is simply a large clean beveled glass mirror. It looks nice and modern, and it makes the room feel large which is great but I'm now considering hanging 2 new mirrors on top of my existing mirror to add a little more dimension and interest. Maybe I've tipped over the edge of crazy lady, but I'm liking the idea of a mirror hung on a mirror.

Here are a few examples of how this looks.









I think they add a level of va va voom and I especially LOVE venetian style mirrors. I don't want it to make my bathroom feel small or segregated in any way though, and I would have the task of finding the right style and size of mirror, and one that doesn't weigh too much because it would need to be hung on the other mirror with glue.

What do you think? Would you hang a mirror on top of a mirror, or have I lost my marbles? 

1 comment:

  1. It looks fabulous! But I wouldn't do it myself. We paid way too much money for our wall to wall, to ceiling mirror in our ensuite to drill holes through it :(

    B

    ReplyDelete