Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Grown Up Little Girl's Room

Good morning,

I need a vacation!

On another note, in my Modern Organic project I have been figuring out how to transform a little girl's room in to a cooler more grown up version of itself while still keeping things feminine and girly. The color chosen by my client is purple.

I started by choosing an unexpected wall covering of light grey and white stripes. We are then layering on top of her existing white Pottery Barn bed many mirrored and polished accents along with a few unexpected touches. The idea here is to take a child's room and incorporate adult accents in a polished but glamorous way so that the result is just as much playful as it is grown up.

Here are some of the room's accents:

Layered pillows in all shades berry


Mirrored Night Stands
 Modular TV unit with room for display

Mirrored Parsons Desk


Furry Desk Chair
White Sleigh Bed
Purple Pin Tuck Bedding


Black Crystal Chandelier
 Glamorous Area Rug

Crystal Block Lamps

And that's just the beginning! I can't wait to see this room come together and become a girly glamorous retreat fit for any little princess~

No comments:

Post a Comment