Monday, May 21, 2012

Project Sneak Peek: Comfortable Modern Family Room

Good morning,

I wanted to share with you the progress that is happening in the family room in my Modern Organic project. This is a busy family of 6 with 3 sons and a daughter so it was extremely important to create a comfortable family room for lounging and watching movies that can support family, kids and friends alike.

I needed to brighten and update this room which I did by replacing the brown leather lounge sofas with a vreamy leather sectional. I then and added extra seating with a white Barcelona day bed. I accessorized with lots of texture through mongolian lamb pillows and comfy pillows, I also added a large soft silk shag rug that works as an extra place to stretch out and lounge. This was a tricky room because the entire family was very attached to their brown sofas with built in recliners so if I was going to replace them it had to be equally as accommodating and comfortable. Take a look and the before and afters (in progress).

Before:

*note that my client's teenage boys had moved the sofas around for a movie night hence the odd placement. Usually these sofas were in the perimeter of the room.

After:






We are still missing many things in this room, such as sheer curtains that will be hung on tracks, the media center, and all the little extras. So far I am extremely pleased with this room and so is my client- all 6 of them;) What do you think so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment