Thursday, May 31, 2012

More Budget Art Solutions, Photography As Art

Good morning,

I've been trying to find art for my medical office project, and need it on a budget as much as possible since I will be doing a large costly installation in the main hall way.  I came across a site Great Big Canvas  and found exactly what I needed and then some.

I wanted to let you know about it because for the size, price, and availability of images that are available you can find some great art here for any space.

Starting at only $29.99 for a poster print 16x16 and going up in size and price from there it is pretty amazing. You can get a canvas, a floating frame, a matted frame, wall decals or simply the art printed on photography paper or poster for the least expensive option.

Here are a few of my favorites

























I am a big fan of using photography as art and have posted about this before. I tend to lean towards things that are real and "organic". I could see using one of these images above such as the amazing  geisha pictures as a large focal point, or you could use a series of 3 such as the spiral staircases shown directly above to make a really cool statement that people will stop and notice.

This site also lets you convert your images to black and white shown below.


The last idea for photography as art is converting your own photography to a canvas or framed art. I will definitely use this since I am working on a family photo booth session for each of us that I plan to put in our hall way. Take a look below at this adorable idea!



What ever your tastes are, if you are looking for a unique way to add art to your home that won't break the bank consider using photography. I'd love to hear your ideas for affordable art solutions in your own homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment