Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Iconic Egg Chair Holds It's Own

Good morning,

One of the best parts for me about doing two boy's rooms in my current project is that I don't have sons which makes it new and exciting for me. Another great part is that I imagine boys and especially teenage boys to be cool and expect the same for their rooms.

Today I'm posting on a chair that I just put into one of the rooms (pictures coming soon). You've seen this very famous chair photographed and catalogued all over the place and probably haven't realized that it was designed in 1958 by Arne Jacobsen originally for the Royal Hotel in Copenhagen.

I'm talking about the Arne Jacobsen Egg Chair.


It was known because it could provide a bit of privacy within the contours of it's egg shaped body. It is available in a multitude of colors and materials ranging from various upholstery materials to leather, and it is surprisingly comfortable.


It should be known that this chair is not for the weak. It stands on its own with a swivel base, and it is BIG! Isn't that the point?!

I would venture to guess that I don't need to explain too much more about this beautifully crafted piece of furniture because it really speaks for itself. When I saw it I just knew it was perfect for a high school boy's room for the days of friends and video games, but don't take my word for it. Take a look at these spaces and see for yourselves.























Enough said?

1 comment: