Saturday, June 18, 2011

DIY Console Table With Ikea Shelves, Finished

Good morning, I wanted to show you the Ikea hack that I talked about ealier this week that is now finished. Just to recap we used 3 Ikea EKBY Jarpen shelves at 46 7/8 that were combined to make a parsons console table. Super easy, clean and only $45.00 which is the best part!

Take a look at these before and after pictures and let me know what you think~

Before:

After:




Now, it doesn't look bad, but I have a couple little issues:

First, I'm hating the cord behind that lamp and may move it to the other side if there is a plug behind the sofa.

Second, the standard console table is 30-31" tall. Mine is exactly 31", but it seems a bit off to me. I may have it taken down 1-2" just to make it a bit better.

Lastly, this is not the most stable table since the shelf was only 11"wide. For my area there are no problems because it isn't in the way of anything, however if you are going to put yours in a high traffic area, look for a shelf that is a bit more wide.

3 comments:

  1. Great concept, I love it! BTW, your room is decorated beautifully. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!! I've been looking all over for a solution! thanks so much! Except I'm gonna turn it into a dressing table ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ann, I no longer have that console sadly since our entire house is now different but it is such an affordable idea and would be great as a dressing table. I'd love to see it when you finish.

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete