Friday, June 22, 2012

Office/Guest Room Design, And In A Hurry

Good morning,

Have you ever put something off to the very last minute and then scramble to get it done in a pinch? Well that's happening at my house in the office/guest room because I have company coming on Weds. Now that may sound easy, but my mom can't stay on top of the boxes and excess furniture that we graciously piled in there and closed the door on;) Most people use their garage for this sort of thing, but we have no garage and therefore have no storage. The good thing is that I'm now forced to get this much needed cleaning organizing done. The bad thing is I don't have much time to make it happen.

Step one is to sell, give away and file i.e. purge all the crap that's in there. Step two is to come up with a functional plan that accomplishes the needs of the room. Step three is to make that happen and to make it look good!

Here's my plan.

Start with a small beige sectional that will get upholstered either in this funky print, or in a white linen if I decide to play it safe. I'm also adding a skirt to the too plain and simple sofa. The sofa I have is a small scale and really only fit for 1, but it works in the small room and was given to me so what the heck.



Images courtesy of Furbish Studio 

Next I will add more print and texture with the pillows in the prints below and I use all white bedding on the duvet and sheets for guests.




I'll then add color to the all white walls with 3 of the most beautiful framed marble paper.

It will look something like this:



These are the actual prints:





I'm going to ambitiously complete an Ikea RAST hack with two night stands and nail head trim for added guest and office storage to give me this effect.



I'm going to use 2 capiz shell lamps that I already have (conveniently)


I'm then going to add my already in use MALM table/desk which is slim and long. I may also hack it with nail heads like the one below. Perfect solution for a desk in a small space. Layered with an acrylic and chrome TOBIAS chair.





I'm also planning to add a chrome lamp, some accessories and white LACK shelves above the desk for storage and display.


I'm leaving the walls white of coarse with white curtains hung. And I will add a few colorful and fun accessories and of coarse some gold in there here and there.




I haven't figured out a rug solution yet, but I'm sure I will.

What do you think? Nice chic office/guest room? I hope so because I don't have much time to pull it off.

P.S. Happy Friday!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Wednesday.... Ok, I know you will have it together and looking nice.....
    can't wait to see the finished room.

    ReplyDelete